This laptop is a very basic laptop with little-to-no bells and whistles, except for a very large screen and decent built-in speakers. I will try to steer away from any Windows features since this is not a review about Windows, but about the the good laptop:
-8GB of RAM is very good, so is 1TB of disk space.
-Very nice large screen 17.3 - it’s about as large as they get. (I do have a slightly larger screen size, but when you hit this size, the laptop is usually called a ‘mobile desktop’ since these computers are very heavy).
-The included speakers do remarkable well. Normally I find built-in speakers worthless, but these actually produce a good sound.
-Little-to-no bloatware. I found a few Toshiba things, which I could easily remove. It does have a virus killer installed. The total software pre-installed was only 32GB, including Windows.
-The keyboard is tuned to Windows 10, so there are several media keys, and specific windows keys (like the home and Cortana button)
-A FULL keyboard. Yes, this is a nice feature since you have your 10-key pad (number keys).
-Fairly light-weight for the size. My other large screen-size laptop is around 16 pounds
-Integrated SD card reader and 2 3.0 USB ports for ultra-fast connection speeds (I use those with my USB 3.0 portable drives)
-HDMI control, which is great if you want to project pictures, email, you tube or anything else on a modern TV
-The built-in mic and camera are great
-Works well with some of the apps I downloaded (MediaMonkey, IrFanview and Media Player Classic) and it was easy to connect to my WiFi network and NAS. Streaming went great.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #6341 in Personal Computers
- Color: Gold
- Brand: Toshiba
- Model: L75-C7234
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 1.30" h x 16.30" w x 10.60" l, 5.90 pounds
- CPU: Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Hard Disk: 1000GB
- Processors: 2
- Native resolution: 1600 x 900
- Display size: 17.3
- Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz Processor
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 17.3-Inch Screen, Mobile Intel HD graphics
- Windows 10
- see more details...
ASUS Zenbook UX303LA 13.3 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5, 8 GB, 256GB SSD, Smokey Brown) - Free Upgrade to Windows 10
Great laptop. Have using it for a couple mouth. My girlfriend and I like to use it for Internet surfing. Even after installing new OS Windows 10 it went in better performers in loading OS and programs. Overall I really like it. Design is really cool black with gold looks much better that monotone colors. However touchpad it isn't good enough that MacBook. However, we have touch screen instead.
I've had this for several weeks now, going threw all the paces, so far it's impressed me. Its light, runs cool to the touch, fast on and off, a big plus. I've increased the Ram to 12, this is now my go to notebook, my MacBook Pro is on the side line. I have noticed no issues with the hinge as others have mentioned in other reviews, for me this was well worth the money; Recommended.
Yes yes buy it! I bought it for college and it's great, except it's mousepad you might not like it. I run csgo with 60fpd on it. The graphics and speed is smooth and fast. No trouble and design is magnificent!
- Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz Processor
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM; 256GB SSD Storage; No Optical Drive
- 13.3 inches 1920*1080 pixels LED-lit Screen
- Windows 8.1 Operating System; Smokey Brown Chassis
- This unit already has 4GB on board, the max memory allowed is 12GB.
- see more details...
Prices: $498.98 - $598.98
ASUS X550ZA 15.6 Inch Laptop (AMD A10, 8 GB, 1TB HDD, Dark Grey) - Free Upgrade to Windows 10
YOUR SAVE 13%!! ASUS X550ZA-WB11, 15.6". Great computer once you get rid of all the extra apps that come already installed. The mouse pad buttons are noisy when using them to click on anything. It is super sensitive though which can be both good and bad at times. Turns on quickly and the battery (which is embedded) last for around two and a half to three hours depending on what i am using it for. It is a good replacement for my old computer. If you are looking for a good computer at a reasonable price I would definitely recommend this to you.
Product detailsASUS, X550ZA-WB11, 15.6" FHD (1366768), matte, (Dark Blue), AMD Quad Core A10-7400P 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz), 8GB DDR3L (1600MHz), AMD A76M FCH, AMD Radeon R6, 1TB 5400RPM, 802.11BGN, DL DVDRW/CD-RW, VGA Camera, Windows 8.1 (64bit).
- AMD A10-7400P 2.5 GHz Processor
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 1TB HDD Storage; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
- 15.6 inches 1366*768 pixels LED-lit Screen
- Windows 8.1 Operating System; Dark Grey Chassis
- see more details...
see also price detail for Asus X550ZA-WH11 15.6-Inch Laptop (AMD Quad Core A10-7400P 2.5GHz processor, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 1000 GB Hard Drive, Windows 10), Dark Grey
- AMD Quad Core A10-7400P 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 8GB RAM/ 1TB 5400RPM with DL DVD±RW/CD-RW. Windows 10 operation system.
- 15.6 inches LED backlit display, 1366 by 768 resolution, matte finished.
- Feature 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and VGA ports.
- 1 year International Warranty with 1 year Accidental Damage Protection
- Ergonomically designed keyboard with IceCool technology keeps the palm rest at a comfort temperature.
573 customer reviews 37% your save for Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch Curved LED-Lit Monitor.
I have been looking at the new 34" widescreen class of monitors for about 6 months. I was initially excited about the LG, but after reading many complaints about its light bleed and other quality issues, I decided to wait. For reference, I am using this as a home office monitor hooked up to a recent MacBook Pro 15" via Thunderbolt -> Displayport running at full resolution at 60hz.
Awesome monitor. Extremely clear and sharp. Amazon's price is the best so far. 16 x 10 (much better vertical height/view than 16 x 9), IPS, bright screen, new anti-glare screen (not matte but similar look without the dimming and fuzziness), true zero bezel (top and sides). Awesome monitor, best I've ever had. Using in a dual screen configuration with a Mount-it! Dual monitor Desk Mount (MI-43111-BLK). Fantastic combination, get a lot of compliments on it.
- Discover one of the world's first 34 inch 21:9 curved monitors with a panoramic view, cinematic WQHD resolution and superb sound.
- An immersive panoramic experience: The DellTM UltraSharp 34 inch Curved Monitor engages you in a new wrap-around viewing experience with a 21:9 ultra-wide curved screen that offers more display area and enhanced viewing comfort
- Unrivaled usability: Navigate across multiple applications and video inputs with Picture by Picture and Picture in Picture features.
- Above and beyond reliable: Get the most from you monitor with our Premium Panel Guarantee, 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty and 3-year Advanced Exchange Service and the Firmware Update Utility Software
- The U3415W is plug and play and should not require drivers for Mac.
944 customer reviews for ASUS PB278Q 27 WQHD.
I think that the PB278Q is the best value WQHD monitor that you'll find that's currently available as of 10/8/12. I got mine from another Online Retailer because they offered a pre-order bonus, but the price was the same overall. Most manufactures are now putting out WQHD monitors, but prices are still very high. As the market becomes more saturated with different manufactures making WQHD Monitors you'll see prices go down, but don't expect this for at least 2 years. The PB278Q uses a PLS based panel which when compared to other IPS based panels it has higher contrast, improved viewing angles, a faster response time, exhibits less reflectiveness, produces a clearer and crisper image, is 10% brighter than competing technologies; all while maintaing lower power consumption levels.
- 27-inch 2560x1440 WQHD PLS LED panel delivers four times the resolution of HD and a 178-degree viewing angle
- 100% sRGB color reproduction for true color definition
- Extensive connectivity via HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI for native support up to WQHD resolution
- 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically adjusts between black and white for sharper and brighter visuals
- Two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback
- VESA mountable design and 4-way ergonomic adjustments enable pivot, height, swivel, and tilt adjustments
- Advanced OSD controls and QuickFit provides easy monitor control and commonly-used layout formats directly on screen for more accurate sizing without printing
- 3 year system warranty, 3 year panel warranty, 1 year Zero Bright Dot guarantee, ASUS Rapid Replacement
I have used ASUS motherboards for a long time. Each time either it is a Workstation, Premium or Deluxe variant of the given chipset. Since I never required two Ethernet ports, built-in Wifi and too many expansion slots. So this time I decided that let me go with simply Z97 board minus the frills but with 8-phase power for stable system even with overclocking as must.
This Asus z97-A perfectly fits the needs with great value pricing. It has the ASUS famous 5-way optimization and other valued added features that are part of the higher offerings but fewer expansion slots, one Ethernet port and no wifi. Hence the cost benefits.
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- SATA Express & M.2 support up to 10Gb/s data transfer
- Turbo App - Game faster, rank higher!
- Remote GO! - Total control anytime, anywhere
- Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
|Matherboard ASUS Z97 A|
CPU-Intel core i7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance 16g DDR3 1600
This board has driver issues (bios) This is the 4th PC that I have built and the 1st that told me my PCI graphics was incompatible after the bios screen. I searched the forums and found quite a few people who had a "black screen" after configuring the bios. I tried a number of settings and would reset the bios each time with no luck. I even tried using the on board VGA and Dvi connections (after removing my video card) and they did not work. I am returning z97-a board but in the mean time, I purchased another board (Asus Hero VII) and installed all the same components (ie CPU and fan, ram, ssd, power supply, DVD player within the same case) and it booted and I installed windows on the new board in 15 minutes.
- Processor 4.1 GHz Core i7-4700MQ
- RAM DDR3-SDRAM
- Graphics Card Ram Size 1740 MB
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology
- Processor with Unlocked Clock Multiplier
- Quick Sync Video enabling faster video conversion
- Socket Type FCLGA1150