CPU Motherboard Combo for Gaming ASUS Z97 A + Intel i7 4790K information

Click for current price ➔Price Details

I have used ASUS motherboards for a long time. Each time either it is a Workstation, Premium or Deluxe variant of the given chipset. Since I never required two Ethernet ports, built-in Wifi and too many expansion slots. So this time I decided that let me go with simply Z97 board minus the frills but with 8-phase power for stable system even with overclocking as must.

This Asus z97-A perfectly fits the needs with great value pricing. It has the ASUS famous 5-way optimization and other valued added features that are part of the higher offerings but fewer expansion slots, one Ethernet port and no wifi. Hence the cost benefits.

Product Overview:
  • 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
  • SATA Express & M.2 support up to 10Gb/s data transfer
  • Turbo App - Game faster, rank higher!
  • Remote GO! - Total control anytime, anywhere
  • Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game

 Matherboard ASUS Z97 A
You may want to choose another board if you are using the following components:
CPU-Intel core i7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance 16g DDR3 1600

This board has driver issues (bios) This is the 4th PC that I have built and the 1st that told me my PCI graphics was incompatible after the bios screen. I searched the forums and found quite a few people who had a "black screen" after configuring the bios. I tried a number of settings and would reset the bios each time with no luck. I even tried using the on board VGA and Dvi connections (after removing my video card) and they did not work. I am returning z97-a board but in the mean time, I purchased another board (Asus Hero VII) and installed all the same components (ie CPU and fan, ram, ssd, power supply, DVD player within the same case) and it booted and I installed windows on the new board in 15 minutes.

Intel Core BX80646I74790K i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)
  • Processor 4.1 GHz Core i7-4700MQ
  • RAM DDR3-SDRAM
  • Graphics Card Ram Size 1740 MB
  • Intel Rapid Storage Technology
  • Processor with Unlocked Clock Multiplier
  • Quick Sync Video enabling faster video conversion
  • Socket Type FCLGA1150