CPU Motherboard Combo for Gaming ASUS Z97 A + Intel i7 4790K information
Click for current price ➔Price Details
I have used ASUS motherboards for a long time. Each time either it is a Workstation, Premium or Deluxe variant of the given chipset. Since I never required two Ethernet ports, built-in Wifi and too many expansion slots. So this time I decided that let me go with simply Z97 board minus the frills but with 8-phase power for stable system even with overclocking as must.
This Asus z97-A perfectly fits the needs with great value pricing. It has the ASUS famous 5-way optimization and other valued added features that are part of the higher offerings but fewer expansion slots, one Ethernet port and no wifi. Hence the cost benefits.
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- SATA Express & M.2 support up to 10Gb/s data transfer
- Turbo App - Game faster, rank higher!
- Remote GO! - Total control anytime, anywhere
- Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
|Matherboard ASUS Z97 A|
CPU-Intel core i7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance 16g DDR3 1600
This board has driver issues (bios) This is the 4th PC that I have built and the 1st that told me my PCI graphics was incompatible after the bios screen. I searched the forums and found quite a few people who had a "black screen" after configuring the bios. I tried a number of settings and would reset the bios each time with no luck. I even tried using the on board VGA and Dvi connections (after removing my video card) and they did not work. I am returning z97-a board but in the mean time, I purchased another board (Asus Hero VII) and installed all the same components (ie CPU and fan, ram, ssd, power supply, DVD player within the same case) and it booted and I installed windows on the new board in 15 minutes.
- Processor 4.1 GHz Core i7-4700MQ
- RAM DDR3-SDRAM
- Graphics Card Ram Size 1740 MB
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology
- Processor with Unlocked Clock Multiplier
- Quick Sync Video enabling faster video conversion
- Socket Type FCLGA1150